“We thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and went away thinking that you had read our minds. Thank you for articulating beautifully what we have been imagining for such a long time. We found the process to be relaxed, informative and inclusive, and we have not once felt pressured or rushed”
— Matt & Kasey
What is a Summer Session?
Ever wanted the design input or advice of an architect, but don’t know where to start? Over January and February we are running our 2020 Summer Sessions to give you exactly that! Any one can book for any size project, from bathrooms to carports to large renovations and new builds, we are inviting the public to bring along their project and get the best of our training in their hot little hands.
We are driven by a passion for making good design within reach! In these 2 hours we aim to help you get the basics right – from environmental considerations, to colour & material ideas, to planning and spatial problem solving. Our follow up email spells out the outcomes our of our discussion and arms you with what you need to think about, who you need to contact and any other tips or tricks we can give you.
How much does it cost & what is the catch?
A Summer Session booking will cost you $350 + GST.
Catch? None! Our passion is making good design within reach. Our Summer Sessions are our way of getting architectural thinking out of our studio and into the suburbs.
What will I get?
Our Summer Session includes:
- our time to do a desktop review of your brief and property prior to our meeting
- two of us for two hours
- all sketches from the session
- an email follow up summarising the discussion and our ‘where to from here’. Recommendations will include:
- town planning considerations
- cost/budget & time advice
- design advice
- who you need to speak with
- what consultants you need
- links to similar projects for inspiration
When and where can I book?
Our Summer Sessions run from the 13th January 2020 – 28th February 2020 and can be booked on weeknights from 7pm – 9pm. Book now to secure your spot!
What do I need to bring?
Please bring along anything you have in relation to your project. Prior to our meeting we will have done a desktop study on your site or home from the address you give us in the booking. A list of ideas of things to bring include:
- Plans (don’t stress if you don’t have them!)
- Send us a link before your Session of your Pinterest or Houzz link
- Aspirational Images (if you’re old school and love tabs in magazines!)
Don’t want to miss out? Secure your Summer Session 2020 spot now!